Friday 19 September 2008

Feministy Rant

It's probably really bad to post twice in one day.
But I was watching this programme 'Dawn gets Naked' on Iplayer. It's about women's embarrassment about their bodies. I was a cripplingly shy teenager but following a sojourn in art college involving a combination of life drawing (big up to my friend and my Dad's ex girlfriend Christine the model, a larger lady) outrageous clothes and bad karaoke sessions I am now fairly confident actually.

Did you know that ALL those beautiful women in magazines are retouched using computers, that NEARLY ALL models have eating disorders and that we spend A FORTUNE on beauty stuff? Get real ladies! We're all lovely and should love ourselves. And if anyone doesn't like that they can get stuffed!

And yes, I'm enjoying a nice glass of wine as I rant here (French Colombard Chardonnay.)

1 comment:

Elinor Vickers said...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b008ysrg/

Enjoy! It made me laugh so much!