Wednesday 17 September 2008

First day of blog!

This is my first day of my first ever blog! I can feel writers block coming on already.....

Today I was at work at Castle Fraser. It was one of those wonderful sunny, frosty autumn days which are my favourite kind. I pootled about happily with my big box of housekeeping equipment (fluffy brushes for dusting, static cloths for woodwork, metal polish and silver cloths.)
The sun shone in over the old and slightly threadbare carpets and the faded wallpapers.
I was late home cos I sat in the courtyard for far too long, unable to face the long walk up the drive to the carpark.

Tonight I cooked pork chops fried with a sauce of anchovies, capers, garlic and lemon juice, served with gnocchi. I like gnocchi cos of the way they float to the top of the pan when they're done.

Later I'll have a cup of tea with this weeks cake (carrot, orange and pistachio).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging! You've made me hungry already just with a post. Great start, I shall promote you on my blog :)

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great day all around - beautiful and filled with good food. Congratulations on the new blog!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging Elinor! Now you can blather on just like the rest of us. LOL Please think about choosing Name/URL as a way to leave comments. :)

Lidian said...

Welcome, Elinor! I am really looking forward to reading your blog -

Cheers, Lidian

http://kitchenretro.wordpress.com

http://thevirtualdimemuseum.blogspot.com

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Congratulations on your first every blog post! I knew a Fraser once in SLC. She gave us a black velvet cape that her mother wore when she played the piano at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair. And visiting Scotland is on my "bucket list".