Friday 19 September 2008

Wierd cat sculptures.

I was in the castle giftshop today. After an initially quiet start I was gobsmacked when at 4.30pm a lady came in and asked to buy our wierd cat sculpture. This is the one we thought we'd never sell as it is both vile and £350. I almost died. Apparently she collects garden sculptures and her garden already boasts a gypsy caravan.......

I am now having a gin and tonic to recover from this adrenaline (sic...) inducing moment!

Dinner tonight (when Alistair returns from his endlessly demanding clients) Chinese Chicken stirfry with mango puree. I was amazed to find the puree which struck me as mega obscure. Reminded me of this fab Asian supermarket I used to go to in Ashton, Manchester. It stocked Everything but none of it was labelled in English.....

No comments: