Sunday 5 October 2008

A Brief Technical Interlude

I'm known and reviled by many people I know as a complete Luddite. Until now I had moved no nearer the white heat of recording technology than the video recorder......discount section of Asda Ashton-under-Lyne circa year 2003.
However, I would like to say how fantastic my new HDD Hard drive recorder/DVD player is. So easy, with menus like on a computer, no 24 hour clock or channel selection doofers. It's like an Ipod for your TV.
I suppose the companies love it cos you can't share the recordings, but DVDs are very cheap these days and there's Iplayer.
Now I need to buy all my favourite obscure films on DVD though......I suspect no joy with Fantasia or Scaramouche. Maybe I'm getting old or cynical but technology seems to be accelerating madly now which is A) scary B) brilliant C) expensive....!

No comments: