Wednesday 12 November 2008

Straight Bananas

In a rare triumph of sense over bureaucracy, the EU law dictating the shapes of fruit and vegetables is to be repealed!
Does this remind anyone else of Yes Minister?
I always feel sorry for weird fruit and veg which are mostly only found in small grocers now, although I also get excited by unusual variants. On holiday you see millions of different coloured veg etc, I remember in St Louis the 'heirloom' tomatoes, which even came in purple! In fact, I've also had purple spuds.
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the odd veg in my supermarket, to supplement the already excellent small/variedly sized veg which are more interesting than the giant supermodelesque specimens sold more expensively.

http://living.aol.co.uk/eu-straightens-out-fruit-and-veg/article/20081112052209990001

No comments: