Wednesday 7 January 2009

Vintage is a vice

With the return of life comes the return of some bad habits.....frenziedly browsing (?) ebay again for vintage clothes. I like Victorian, Edwardian, 1930s and 1950s. My dream find is a New Look 1950s Dior suit or an Edwardian riding habit. My local vintage shops are not great, mostly 70s even 80s stuff, although I did get a fantastic black crepe 30s evening dress once. Problem was it was so elegantly understated no-one noticed how gorgeous it was! I like Monsoon for retro-ish stuff too and when I shop I tend to view everything in eras...'ooh very twenties'. My favourite charity shop (Sue Ryder on Holborn Street) has stopped doing clothes but was an ace source for old ladyish suits, coats etc from the 60s. Anyway wish me luck as I bid on a burgandy velvet coat possibly 1930s.

2 comments:

mikemuses said...

Shame they've stopped doing clothes, but you should be able to find the same things between the Rosemount and George Street shops. (Anything handed in to Holborn will likely go there).

Anonymous said...

Did you get the coat?