Saturday 26 December 2009

The Xmas dinners

This year I went for easy and traditional for my three Xmas dinners rather than last year's cream based fest. Xmas Eve for me is lamb and I did a lamb stew with dumplings. For pud a treacle tart with ice cream. Accompanied by red wine and Carols from Kings this was all in good. Xmas Day was chicken (cos I don't like turkey and find game birds tricky to time right) with home-made sage and onion stuffing, bread sauce and roast spuds. Pud was Xmas pud with custard. Accompanied by red wine and Doctor Who Xmas Special as is traditional. Boxing Day will be starter of melon with parma ham, roast beef with horseradish and spuds and parsnips. Pud is chocolate log with ice-cream which will provide survivors for the Wii'n'Tea session tomorrow. I always buy and make too much over Xmas, but then again who doesn't?!

No comments: