Thursday 20 January 2011

Passion for Polishes


Ever since I was about 14 I have had an obsession with nail varnish. I remember standing on the hockey field as a total geek in school and yet having bright fuschia pink nails. Made me feel better. I like nail polish cos its more like a clothing thing; you can wear any colour. These days my brand of choice is Opi which I buy in John Lewis. They do new themed 'collections' every season and the names are terrible puns which amuse me. They also do unusual textures like matte, suede and a crazed effect but i haven't tried those yet. Their website: http://www.opi.com/

They do lots of weird and wonderful colours, my latest buy being the (apparently hugely trendy) 'You don't know Jacques'. It's sort of grey brown which I thought would go with whatever I am wearing. It's pictured at the top of the blog. I have lots of other strange colours too, mainly for toenails, turqoise, navy, blue, gold, and lots of bright glamourous red. As I have quite a manual job I usually wear neutral pink/beige type colours on my fingers unless it is for a special occasion.

No comments: