Monday 2 January 2012

Best Books of 2011



Another post inspired by my friend Sarah Rooftops...

But as, unlike her, I cannot remember all the books I read in 2011, I thought I would flag up my favourites:

The very best: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. A unique, magical fantasy book.


Runners-up: Paperboy by Christopher Fowler, a gripping, funny and sometimes traumatic autobiography. I love his Bryant and May crime series. Generation A by Douglas Coupland , a sinister and witty future dystopia. The City and the City by China Mieville , a political thriller set in an alternate world divided city. All new books (to me) by some of my favourite authors.

3 comments:

Sarah M said...

I can't remember them - I'm just the sort of anal person who makes a list as I go along! I fought the urge to put up the list of films I'd seen at the cinema, too...

Lolakola said...

I may have a book and film list of 2011, and I'm totally not sharing them! :)

Elinor Vickers said...

I am listing this year's in my new diary along with Why Don't You which I am very excited by. I read lots of total bilge along with better stuff and I don't care. I think you guys would really enjoy The Night Circus though...