Saturday 25 February 2012

Men at Work



Many people are apparently driven nuts by work going on outside their house. As a lifelong urbanite, I find 'quiet' disturbing...'where is everyone? I could die here and no-one would know' etc.

So, I don't mind low level noise during the day, and I enjoy seeing the colourful parade of diggers, dumper trucks, road rollers etc outside my window.

I think they are building a new pavement (sidewalk for US readers) for us. There are old cobbles on the historic Hardgate road under the tarmac, they took some away in a lorry.

(Sorry for the slight campness of the workmen here, I was looking at a photo of the Village People in a magazine earlier and I think it stayed with me.)

1 comment:

Sarah M said...

I'm finding it fascinating watching the workmen scrambling all over E&Ms doing... something? City noise doesn't bother me but I also like how quiet it is at the back of the flat; I like waking up on Sunday mornings and feeling like we're miles away.