Tuesday 3 July 2012

Blog Challenge

My friend Sarah Rooftops issues a regular blog project every week. I have been trying to follow these (sometimes, when I am organised.)

This weeks is Recommend Three Books to Friends. This year, I have been recording books I read in a diary. I thought I'd recommend three novels I'd read recently.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: An odd and intriguing fantasy horror novel illustrated with strange historical photographs collected by the author. A real one-off, this one.

Ready Player One: A really unusual adventure mystery set in a virtual future world of old school arcade gaming. Sounds weird, but is great fun, original and I couldn't put it down. This one is great for all ages too.

The Pleasures of Men: A very dark and disturbing thriller set in Victorian London, where a mentally ill girl becomes obsessed with a serial killer. Brilliantly written though and incredibly gripping. I do like Victorian crime thrillers.

1 comment:

Sarah M said...

Ooh, all added to my wishlist!