Tuesday 8 January 2013

Cute Tech

As a complete contrast to the last post, with lovely old technology, here is some lovely new technology.

When I was young, a stereo was about the size of a coffee table, always black and covered in loads of unlabelled dials, sliders and illuminated graphs that went up and down.

This is my portable stereo. On the left, a speaker shaped like a bunny head. On the right, an ipod. This picture is lifesize. I am amazed that this is possible, truly The Future is Now.

Alistair very kindly got me a new ipod for Xmas as I had filled the other with upbeat music to run to. This one has easy listening to relax me on long train journeys and while doing my collections care work. Stuff like Henry Mancini, Xavier Cugat, BB King, Dave Brubeck and Herb Alpert.

No comments: