Tuesday 22 January 2013

Vintage Obsessions

Vintage Shopping. The thrill of the chase, the nostalgia of times gone by, the romance. Sometimes I even dream about finding an enormous wardrobe of vintage clothes to try on...drifting silk dresses, rustling ballgowns, dramatic coats...

Speaking of dramatic coats, my latest ebay buy, pictured on left. I love buying coats (which is good as I live in Aberdeen and need them most of the year.) And evening bags, but I've already pictured several on here. This is probably an early 60s coat (my favourite vintage period). Black wool with Enormous buttons and fake fur trim and an all-encompassing bulged shape.

Things I like on coats: really big buttons, fur, heavy fabrics, structured shapes. A good coat gives you drama and glamour and is an armour against the outside world.

It's snowing again outside my window, and I am blogging to stave off cabin fever.  So pretty though. And means I've actually spring cleaned the whole flat this month.


1 comment:

Leen said...

Difficult shape tho. Is it kneelength I wonder.