Saturday 23 March 2013

A Running Update

Ok, more of a jogging update. But I did jog 7K the other day, the furthest yet. Sadly, it was on the teadmill in the gym, where there are no views despite a stunning location by the river and where you can't hear your music because of some R'n'B they are tormenting you with. I like to run along the old railway line by my house, lined with pretty hedgerows. It's too cold right now though.

I was pleased though, although I was in agony after. Running is funny. In the first ten minutes you think you can't go on. The first thirty are ok. Then you go into a kind of euphoric superhero state. Then your legs start to go all numb from pounding up and down on them. I did discover though, that the treadmill turns onto 'cooldown' after an hour. When, because I am incredibly slow, (I think I walk faster) I was still jogging grimly away. I felt good though when the bloke next to me who was moving at lightning speed, dripping with sweat, stopped after only ten minutes. Ah Runners Schadenfreude...

No comments: