Wednesday 27 March 2013

Beauty from the less trendy shelf....

There is so much label snobbery around beauty and toiletry products. As much as I love the various offerings of vogue et al, I wouldn't dream of spending hundreds of pounds on a jar of face cream.

In fact,  I like to scour the shelves of  Boots etc for the unfashionable, the cheap,and the obscure. The rose or lavender scented, the aged brands, the traditional formulations....cold cream, bath salts, powders. Ever noticed how there are trends in formulas and products...what happened to talcum powder? Why the rise and fall of the bath bead? My hairdresser tells me hair mousse has gone the way of the dodo also and now I should have styling spray....

Anyway, here are some favourites which are neither expensive or trendy....

Radox bath salts. So cheap, so fantastic when you are tired and achey.
Palmer's cocoa butter. Body butter at a fraction of the price and smells of chocolate.
Elnett hairspray. Smells like hairspray should, of nights out.
Pears soap. Looks great (goes red when held to the light), smells good.





1 comment:

Alison said...

Really fancy the Palmer's Cocoa Butter now - plus my old hairdresser always used Elnett, takes me back a bit!