Sunday 7 July 2013

And now for something Completely Different...

I wasn't sure this sounded like my kind of thing:

Topless Ukelele
Gothic Burlesque
Life Drawing

Well, the drawing bit did. I always try to give new things a go, so thanks to an invite from my friend Lola I found myself in the downstairs room of the Malt Mill pub. While everyone else in the world was watching Andy Murray I was enjoying performance and life modelling by burlesque perfomers at Dr Sketchys ...

I was a bit nervous about this as I thought it might be a bit seedy, but the ladies are talented dancers/singers and are never indecent. On the left, the lovely and funny Magenta Lust, who is like a rather gothic chorus girl. I also won a cake for 'Best Humorous Drawing'! If you enjoy something really different and like art with a bit more fun, come along to the next one which is in a month's time!

No comments: