Thursday 5 December 2013

This Year in Review

This year has been, or felt like, quite a full year.

Important things happened such as my brother Tim marrying the lovely Maria. We went to their wonderful wedding in St Louis, followed by a week in the fascinating city of Chicago. My Mum also got married to her partner, who is a terrific bloke and this is very happy news.

Personally, I had a year of some achievement. I ran a 10k for the first time, learned how to use a sewing machine (running up three skirts and a dress) and started selling prints of my watercolour paintings.

On the minus side, I came down with a horrible chest infection which re-started my asthma. However, this is improving and I hope to be doing some proper running again next year, with races.

Work-wise, one of the stately homes where I work was restored and re-opened to the public after many years of closure and deterioration, which was fantastic. It made the years of creeping round a dark, freezing building with a two-way radio worthwhile!

Projects... I am still blogging and painting and reading, as well as sewing and knitting. Book recommendations always appreciated.

I think next year will be a year of re-think. A re-boot maybe. It's also my Fortieth...


No comments: