Sunday 27 July 2014

Body Balance (or not)

I am deliberately saving everyone from an image of me in my new Body Balance class. Sounds serene, a combination of tai-chi, pilates and yoga. Actually agonising and sees me flailing and sweating like a nutter. Strangely, I look forward to this. The instructor is the buffest and most muscular woman I have ever seen, which is both motivational and depressing. This is part of my knee rehab which includes horizontal cycling on Sundays, pilates and now this also. My plan is to rebuild strength and flexibility in my core and legs to help the knee and try to trim off the flab I am suffering from since I stopped running. The exercise also makes me feel better about how my body looks and works.

I am trying to work up to Mondays: Body Balance 7.30pm, Thursdays: Pilates 9.30 am (day off)  Sundays: Horizontal Cycling in gym 11am.

Does anyone have any exercise routines or recommendations to share?

No comments: