Tuesday 11 November 2014

Seen from the Road Again

This is the lovely Logie House, which I see from the road driving to Leith Hall. In fact, I see four stately homes on my journey; Logie House, Westhall Castle, Wardhouse and Harthill Castle (previously blogged). As well as Leith Hall itself! Maybe I should try and do Westhall and Wardhouse also to complete the set. Wardhouse, although a ruin, is the most beautiful, an elegant Georgian mansion looking down a wooded valley.

When I first moved up here, Logie was a gutted ruin, but is now beautifully restored and used as a wedding and functions venue. They also offer glamping (glamour camping) in Mongolian yurts, which I really fancy. The house dates from the late 1600s with later additions.

Find out more here: Logie Country House

1 comment:

Elinor Vickers said...

And Wardhouse, ruined c18th mansion. So many!