Sunday 28 December 2014

Reading Projects 2015


This post is mainly to thank people for very generous xmas gifts towards my reading projects. And to mention some things I've enjoyed reading so far.

Thank you Leen for my january and february women's travel reads: 
Growing old outrageously by hilary linstead and elisabeth davies and
Travels in a single state, cycling across the usa by josie dew.

I will report on these once read.

Also thank you Alistair for Laughter in Ancient Rome, another one by the brilliant Mary Beard. I am currently enjoying her book on Pompeii which discusses many aspects of roman daily life, including why so much art depicts men with big dicks.  (Just funny, apparently). I also really liked 

On the Spartacus road by peter stothard, history, travelogue and personal memoir. I didn't know what happened to spartacus and the gladiators so that was pretty shocking.

I probably approach my reading in totally the wrong way in that it is not systematic but just a scattergun of things I find that look interesting, from the library, bookshops or on my kindle.




No comments: