Thursday 22 January 2015

Women Travel


I was watching this fantastic programme on iplayer about Apalooosa horses. A lady horsebreeder from the USA travels all the way to Kzyrgistan after seeing an apaloosa horse on a programme about the country. This lady is sixty nine and she embarks on a horse trek through the mountains on the Chinese border to find a lost valley where the horses live. They live in yurts, struggle with altitude sickness, are blessed by a shaman and cross passes infested with wolves. Women travelling doesn't get much better than this. I won't spoil it by telling you if she finds the horses. 




3 comments:

Elinor Vickers said...

Apologies, Kyrgyzstan.

SteffR said...

I'm from Va. originally so used to be obsessed with Appaloosas, I remember in my brief school drawing phase they were the only thing I wanted to draw. The show sounds inspiring, lovely picture.

Elinor Vickers said...

Of course she finds the horses, incase you were worrying. She takes one home too.