Sunday 5 April 2015

Seen from the Tracks


This week, I have been mostly travelling on public transport, due to car breakdown. On the beautiful train journey from Aberdeen to Insch I spotted a wonderful local house; Keith Hall, looming pinkly from the trees and lawns of a country estate. The house dates from the 1600s and is unusual in being more of a renaissance mansion than a castle. It is now luxury flats and I long to live there. And here it is, in another first for me, a wet on wet watercolour in tubes technique.

Following my lack of rapport with Alwn Crawshaw, I am trying Jean Haines book Painting Colour and Light in Watercolour. She gets very messy with lots of abstract blobs and blodges, which I like. 
I can also say that travelling by train is lovely, if expensive, getting lifts off coworkers is brilliant, but the bus service is really awful. Also a lot of very early starts and freezing in the cold and wet. I am really hoping my car will be back on the road soon.

1 comment:

SteffR said...

Boo to expensive cold public transport :-( But yay to it inspiring pretty paintings!