Saturday 25 April 2015

Walkies

A quick update on the footy situation. I am delighted to say that today I could walk without pain. So I went into town with Alistair. Admittedly, I didn't get any further than the library because I seem to be a bit wobbly and tired on the leg still. But I was quite happy there, looking at books for my women's travel reading and browsing cookbooks. I still have four days off so I might try some breadbaking from The Fabulous Baking Boys, a nice bread and cookery book I borrowed. Aberdeen Central Library is a lovely building, grand Edwardian classicism outside and incongrously cosy 60s wood and funky lights within. I managed to drive out,which was very encouraging, but my foot was bit achey so Alistair drove me back. I am ashamed to say I am a terrible backseat driver, I could feel my foot doing the 'brake' the whole way!



3 comments:

SteffR said...

I'm glad to hear you're improving! Lunch or cinema date soon! :-) xo

Maria said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Tim said...

Be patient and heal up. Extrapolating from my friend Lee, you still have at least 30 years of running in front of you!

https://www.facebook.com/lee.dougherty.144?fref=ts