Saturday 4 July 2015

Leibster Award a Quiz from Steff

A blogging questions challenge from my friend Steff. Here blog address is below and it is really worth reading. Also thank you for your kind words Steff. I am not very blogliterate so apologies if I missed out all the links and things.
http://www.deepgreensandblues.co.uk
Please feel free to comment or share your own thoughts...

1. My favourite musician....I am not a knowledgeable music person but would have to go with Elvis or Kate Bush. I love a really distinctive voice.
2. I don't believe in love at first sight, it is the person's character that makes you love them. Lust at first sight maybe!
3. My happiest childhood memory is a long walk in West Bridgeford with my family, finding frogspawn along the old railway track in the summer. Generally I tend not to remember things though, I have a terrible memory.
4. Something I'm proud of is still getting a First in my degree, it took everything I had. (See below). 
5. My favourite ice cream flavour is salted caramel, especially from the restaurant Montparnasse 1900 in Paris.
6. And my fantasy place to live is a flat on the left bank in Paris, near an outdoor market.
7. My book for a desert island would be Alice in Wonderland. I always return to it, it is almost like a religious text for me. I like the weirdness, it is also obsessive which appeals to my aspergery tendencies.
8. But I don't believe in God.
9. I am an Aries and find astrology entertaining but am not a believer.
10. I started blogging in 2010. The paintings were a challenge from my husband Alistair as I had been in a massive creative block since I finished my design degree in 1996. I haven't done a big painting yet though, they are just little sketches.
11. I don't have any really unusual hobbies now but I can do Lancashire Clog Dancing which I learned at school. Sadly it is all ceilidh up here which I am very bad at. 


2 comments:

SteffR said...

Oh thanks for doing it Elinor, I enjoyed reading that! A Paris flat sounds pretty divine to me too! I always had a strong Elvis thing when I was a kid as we had the same birthday and I decided he was my musical soulmate! Would love to go to Graceland someday!xo

SteffR said...

And I'm useless at Ceileidh too, though I did learn to Morris Dance for a recital!;-0 Clog dancing sounds interesting!