Sunday 20 September 2015

Midcentury Mystery


This is the appealingly midcentury modern Rubislaw Church Centre in Aberdeen. It serves as a church hall for a gaunt, blackened gothic pile a few doors up. We passed it on the way to the bowls competition. I liked the simple shapes and the textured concrete on the block on the right. Apologies for the rather minimal art, I have a stinking cold today. This little building is a mystery because I cannot fnd any information on it at all, obviously it is not thought to be of note, and yet I rather like it.

3 comments:

SteffR said...

Is this the one that had the crafts fair in it? I only just read the March Hare market is stopping :-(

Elinor Vickers said...

I always went to the craft market was it on Crown Street? The bontage markets seem to have gone too, very sad.

Elinor Vickers said...

Vintage maket not bontage market. Writing on ipad mini is v small!