Saturday 2 January 2016

Christmas Culture


Well, culture is a bit pretentious but I liked the alliteration.

Christmas viewing:
Then There Were None was a sinister and psychological reworking of the cult Agatha Christie novel. It was gripping, violent and starred the insanely gorgeous Aidan Turner. Aidan's towel scene was a big hit with my female friends.
Runner up, pictured above, was a Slow TV two hour programme with a woman and her reindeer sled travelling through a snowy landscape. Next best thing to being there.

Christmas reading:
I got four second hand Inspector Montalbano novels, love the writing, the wit and the food descriptions.
Also the very plush Dita von Teese beauty book. Wonderful pictures and I am religiously following her pilates routine. D von T is a retro icon and burlesque performer and probably the most glamorous   woman in the world.

I have lots and lots of other books and dvds (thank you everyone) which I will be enjoying through the dark days of the Aberdonian winter.


No comments: