Saturday 27 February 2016

Dreaming Vintage


One of my repeating dreams is where I open a cupboard or chest and discover a wealth of vintage costume. All of which is gorgeous, seen in great detail, but sadly unsuitable for an event I have to attend because it is too distinctive. Maybe this is a comment on my life. One day I will wear it anyway and stop trying to fit in. Today I pulled out an aqua 50s dress with a satin bodice and net skirt, a 70s maxi dress in multi print and this 50s dress with a black velvet bodice and black satin maxi spot skirt. One day I might make one of these subconscious garments. Or can I buy this somewhere?

2 comments:

Maria said...

I think it is clearly time to start designing your dream fashion line. Totally understand the feeling though. I have a closet full of loud clothing I find few occasions to wear.

Leen said...

How about the vintage shop in Edinburgh?? I remember lovely stuff there.