Sunday 6 March 2016

Seen from the Train



Seen from the train on our trip from Aberdeen to York. It's a fantastic journey for castle and stately home spotters, I must have seen about twenty, including the spectacular views of Edinburgh and Durham castles, as well as many I am still trying to identify! This is Ayton Castle, you can see it from the coast side of the train. It looks like the most spectacular baronial castle ever, but is actually Victorian. Sadly the castle cannot be visited but you get a great view from the train.
Does anyone else have any favourite train journeys?



1 comment:

SteffR said...

Sounds like a lovely scenic journey! I admit I've gotten a bit jaded with the scenery on our usual journey up north, I do love the coastal views heading down to Edinburgh though :-)