Thursday 5 May 2016

Fashion Update for Maria


To follow on from my sister in law Maria's excellent fashion post, here's a few things I have bought lately.
I got this fantastic 50s style dress by goth brand Hell Bunny at the Aberdeen Comic Con. It is patterned with hawaiian tiki motifs and zombie girls. It's a great shape for my body type with my large boobs and is glamourous and fun. Ideal for my friend's wedding in the summer as she is also a bit unconventional...
At the moment I am quite keen on the new maxi skirts, eccentric prints and everything navy. I'm going for bolder things as I have to wear sensible shoes now, so can branch out elsewhere.
Recent buys include a quite bonkers metallic zigzag pattern maxi and a yellow maxi skirt both from M&S, a commemorative scarf for the Queens 90th birthday patterned with corgis from Sainsburys and a grey scarf patterned with giant insects from ebay. I'm doing some workshops on insects at work and I can wear this those days!
Regarding sewing projects, I am making a 70s style navy skirt with patch pockets, which is a bit more work friendly.

3 comments:

Leen said...

Yay Lal - go for it!!

Maria said...

Love the dress! I would love to see that corgi scarf. Sounds adorable and hilarious.

SteffR said...

That dress looks fab, it sounds perfect for you! It's nice to have a dress you look forward to wearing :-) I love a skirt with pockets, too :-) I am going through a "not liking anything on the high street" phase, I don't know why. So this season I shall mostly be wearing rags, unless I win the Lotto & can afford to buy all of the designer things I covet in magazines! ;-0 xo