Thursday 19 May 2016

Sew and Sew


A sewing update. I am finally reaching the stage with my sewing where I can make things I really like and wear. Although I am still wearing the navy cotton pencil skirt that was the second thing I ever made, just so useful. 
This is a seventies style a line skirt with large pockets and front pleat, Butterick pattern B6182. I made it in navy wool/poly twill (or that's what it said on ebay, who knows) and lined the pockets in navy flowery silk offcuts. I am wearing it at the mo and it is so comfy with the flared skirt and giant pockets to wedge your hands into. 
I am now working on a navy stretch fabric dress made up from three patterns mashed together. It has a crossover wrap section from a Japanese sewing book series Pattern Magic, Which has lots of really conceptual, geometric weird things in it. Pattern Magic Stretch is especially interesting, but I wouldn't say they are easy to make, I spent a long happy time mentally wrestling with how they worked. I really like the design and assembly stage best. Will update when completed.


No comments: