Sunday 28 August 2016

Colour Choice

This week's post is basically about my new cardigan. I was shopping in Sainsburys (large supermarket, also sells clothes and homeware) when I spotted a red waterfall style cardigan. I needed a new cardigan, but red is not usually my colour. For one thing, it is my Stepmum Ying's favourite colour and I don't want to tread on Anyone else's sartorial toes. Lots of people seem to have a signature or favourite colour and you don't want to take away from that. I bought the cardigan and people keep telling me how good I look in red. I think it gives me more colour in my face as I can be quite pale.
So this is to encourage people to step out of their colour comfort zone sometimes.
I usually wear green, navy and blue. But sometimes I fancy a more punchy, bold colour and crack and buy yellow or red or pink. We don't have to be tasteful all the time. Sometimes you want an outfit that says 'look at me!'

2 comments:

Leen said...

Definitely purple, green and black but somehow others creep in!

Maria said...

Go you! I bet Ying would be thrilled to see you wearing red. :)