Sunday 11 September 2016

About Walking

This post is inspired by a fantastic book my mum Leen got me. It arrived in the post in brown paper which made it even more exciting. Flaneuse: Women Walk the City by Lauren Elkin. Already it has mentioned my favourite haunts in Paris, where walking is a great pleasure. I want to walk and explore in London. To amble the streets where is quieter, looking at buildings, trees, people. A lot of my blog posts are about things and people I see while walking. 
I think walking is quite feminist too, in a world where we are supposed to be always useful or fearful driving from one destination to another, walking only in shopping centres or offices. 
I think this book could be a sort of bible to me in my new adventure.

1 comment:

SteffR said...

I am so excited for your London adventures! Getting to know a new city, especially one as vast and full of treasures as London, on foot is such a treat. p.s. let me know when you want to meet up! ;-)