Tuesday 20 September 2016

Shopping Soothes

I had to go into town today to do a mail redirection form, get keys cut and meet a friend for lunch. Afterwards we had time for some shopping. It's so much better shopping with a friend for feedback, ideas and moral support. Otherwise I just wander aimlessly. It is also fun if you have slightly different styles. I like retro style stuff and bold prints. Friend likes bohemian stuff and bold prints.
I enjoyed all the 70s style stuff that is in the shops at the moment, quite nostalgic for me. (Born in 1974). Lots of polo necks, floral blouses, corduroy and slightly frumpy, granny dresses. I bought a green victorian style blouse, black jersey dress with colourful flowers and a navy skirt patterned with ropes. The first two are excitingly out of my comfort zone, but it is good to reboot your wardrobe with varied items sometimes. Gives it a shot of new life.
I also find shopping quite relaxing, if I am not looking for anything in particular. For lunch we had bagels and sat in the sunshine. An ideal afternoon. 

1 comment:

SteffR said...

You are going to be so stylish in London in your new threads! Fun shopping with you as always, really hope we can do a London jaunt at some point too! ;-) xo