Sunday 4 December 2016

Dragonmeeting


Yesterday we went to Dragonmeet Game Convention in Hammersmith. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it but it was briiliant. We browsed the main hall of board games, roleplaying games (think Dungeons and Dragons) and attended two seminars. Everyone there was very friendly, welcoming and I met some of Alistair's gaming buddies. There were lots of tables with people gaming, bring and buy, stalls and even a few people dressed up. I wouldn't have wanted to have spent the day in a cthulu costume with padded tentacles though.
The seminars were Ken Hite and Robin Laws of legendary podcast Ken and Robin Talk abut Stuff, which covers gaming, history, food, the occult and many more topics. They did a live radio show with audience questions.
Also John Kovalik, writer and artist of many games and of the cartoon Dork Tower, which I recommend. He also did a signed drawing for us!
The lady illustrated was one of the staff organising arrivals and I loved her steampunk outfit.




No comments: