Saturday 11 November 2017

Sewing Update

One of my main hobbies is sewing clothes. I love this as I enjoy vintage fashion but actual vintage tends to be very tiny sizes and very expensive. Also seeing how things go together interests me. And I can make things with pockets. Women want pockets too! 

This year I have made:

Dark green jersey wrap front dress. (I like it but it is a bit gapey at the neck)
Striped jersey raglan sleeve top (failure as looks terrible and cheapy fabric)
Black vintage satin midi skirt (so beautiful but no idea when I'll wear it)
Blanket coat in blue check mohair (wearing this constantly, so warm)
Black and white 50s sheath dress (smart except for bodgy zip)
Grey jersey 50s wiggle dress (so chuffed with this)
Tartan pyjama trousers (always good especially for xmas)
Check summer dress (for when it was briefly insanely hot. I seem to like checks)
Thai silk summer dress (lovely vintage fabric but frays unbelievably)
40s tartan day dress (inspired by Agent Carter, love this one, pictured below)


Mostly I like sewing 40s and 50s style clothing but in more modern fabrics so they are wearable without looking like I am part of some lifelong reenactment project.  


This is my skirt in 50s vintage embroidered satin, which is an exception. 


And here are my pyjama trousers which I finished yesterday.


1 comment:

Maria said...

So cute! And impressive!